Prevent Mold From Taking Hold in your Office Building.
Mold is not something to take lightly when you own or manage a commercial property. Mold can grow on any organic surface where moisture and oxygen are present. Your commercial property is full of areas that have these perfect conditions. Add in that mold spores are invisible to the human eye and you have a perfect breeding ground for mold – and you may not even know it. We’ll walk you through steps to prevent mold from taking over your building.
Why Preventing Mold is So Important
With mold exposure comes health issues and reactions. If your building is home to individuals with allergies, asthma, or weak immune systems, they are at great risk of being affected by mold spores. But even healthy people can become affected if exposed to mold for a prolonged amount of time.
If your tenants begin to complain about itchy eyes, respiratory problems, lunch illness, nasal congestion, skin irritations… this may be the cause of mold infestations.
How To Prevent Mold In Your Building
To limit the risks of mold exposure, here are a few ways to prevent mold from taking up residence in your building.
- Always watch for the signs of mold. Mold is sneaky and grows in places where you can’t see. Create a plan and inspect your property on a regular basis. These places include anywhere that has high moisture levels like basements or crawl spaces. Watch for fuzzy stains on walls, musty smells, and mold marks on carpets and rugs.
- Repair any plumbing issues right away. If you notice leaky roofs, leaky pipes, or unsealed windows and door frames, bring in a restoration company right away. These are all prime areas for mold to grow.
- Start to decrease moisture levels in the building. Install dehumidifiers and run fans to keep things as dry as possible. Remember, mold grows in wet and dark areas. Taking away the moisture will take away the thing it needs to grow.
- Clean all ventilation systems. HVAC systems are a great place for mold to hide. Not only can mold hide in the vents, but since they are the way that air is carried through the building, HVAC systems are the perfect way for mold spores to get around the building quickly and efficiently.
- Call in a professional. If you can’t find the source of the mold or the problem has spread, it is time to bring in a professional service to assist in mold remediation.
A&J Property Restoration Black Mold Removal Service
We’re certified in black mold removal and have over 30 years of experience under our belts. We follow all EPA and OSHA guidelines as well as IICRC and RIA certification protocols. Call us today to schedule your walk through and evaluation – we look forward to working with you on your mold remediation needs.