Common Mold Questions
Is my health at risk? Is black mold toxic? Can I get rid of mold with bleach?
Should I leave my home or office during the mold remediation process?
Is Mold A Risk To My Health?
Mold can cause serious health problems but it depends on the individual. Mold produces allergens, which can cause reactions, for sensitive individuals, those reactions can be serious. It can also induce asthma attacks.
However, if you are experiencing health side effects from mold being in your home or office building, having a mold remediation specialist come in to remove it can cause those symptoms to go away. Most of the time, health side effects from mold are treatable. But we all react in different ways.
If you discover mold in your home or business – do not disturb it. This will help prevent mold spores from launching into the air and decrease the potential health risks to you and other building occupants. Call us today to have our mold remediation technicians safely clean and sanitize the area.
How Do I Get Rid of Black Mold?
Black mold isn’t any different from pink mold or purple mold. Our black mold removal service is the same process as getting rid of any other kind of mold.
Black mold is not “toxic” or any more dangerous to your health than any other mold. It all has the same potential health risks.
First, the water source causing the mold to grow must be dealt with. If not stopped, the mold will continue to grow back.
In areas less than 10 sq. ft., clear the area of debris, HEPA vacuum the area, then wipe with a damp cloth changing cleaning towels often to avoid re-contamination and let the area dry.
In areas larger than 10 sq. ft. we recommend having a mold remediation specialist come to complete the removal. Larger areas need specialized containment, with HEPA filtration devices and additional equipment, of which trained technicians work with every day. Contact us for mold remediation services!