Despite the fluctuation in spring like weather outside, summer is right around the corner and will be here before we know it! It’s time to break out the home improvement projects and take advantage of the warm weather. You have a limited amount of time to prepare your commercial property for summer and now is the time to get to it!
Here are the top five ways to get your property set for summer.
Summer Maintenance Tips for Commercial Properties
- Start by looking at the exterior of your property. While it may not be practical to do a complete paint job, the elements of winter may have created some problems for your siding. Winter brings about water, salt, and ice which can all lead to lose siding, mold, or other problems. Start with a through pressure wash to remove any dirt and debris. Once this is complete, do a complete check for any larger issues that may need to be repaired. The pressure wash is also a great cosmetic perk as well!
- Examine your roof. Spring is the perfect time to head to the roof of your property and check for any leaks, holes, or other issues. Ice that formed through the winter could have caused broken shingles, leaks in the ceilings, and even rusted areas. If you notice any of these problems, a professional restoration team like A&J Property Restoration can step in to help with the repairs.
- Carefully look at all surfaces for signs of wear and tear. This includes internal and external surfaces. Railings, hallways, stair cases – every surface needs to be inspected and property repaired. Remember safety comes first before cosmetic issues. These repairs should be handled by a professional restoration company if you are not comfortable completing them yourself.
- Clean out your gutters. During the winter months, leaves and debris will find their way from the roof into the property’s gutters. This can lead to clogging and potential overflow and flooding. Water damage in your commercial property can become a bigger issue and possibly lead to mold and mildew. Cleaning your gutters and removing any blockages will assist with keeping your commercial property dry and mold free.
- Last, but not least, look at the landscape of your commercial property. Harsh winter conditions can cause branches on trees and bushes to snap and the snow plows probably didn’t do your lawn any favors. Bring in the help of a professional landscaping company to clean up after the winter months. They will help make the outdoors look as great as the indoors!
Repairing the Damage
Using these few suggestions will get your commercial property ready for a wonderful summer. Any major repairs to your Milwaukee or Madison commercial properties are in great hands with the restoration experts at A&J Property Restoration DKI.
We specialize in repairing properties with water damage, fire and smoke damage, mold, and more. Our specialists are trained to take you step by step through the restoration process from inspection to clean up. We will even work with your insurance company.
Call us today, emergency services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – we work to get your property back to normal as quickly as possible.