Signs Of Water Damage In Your Milwaukee Home
When your home in Milwaukee needs water damage cleanup, it is not always obvious or apparent. When water damage occurs in areas we cannot see, it can go unnoticed unless you know what to look for. Water damage always leaves a trace, you just have to know what the signs are. Here are the most common signs that indicate you need water damage cleanup in your home.
Water Damage Cleanup In Milwaukee WI
- You can almost always count on a strong, pungent, musty smell to accompany water damage. The smell is the result of mold. Actively growing mold releases microbial volatile organic compounds that are responsible for the distinct odor. This leads right into the next sign of water damage…
- Mold growth occurs when water is present. If you have water damage in your home, you also have mold. Mold can appear as spots, clumps, or streaks on walls, baseboards, ceilings, or any other surface. Sometimes mold can have a fuzzy appearance, and can range in color from greens, blacks, whites, and browns.
- Along with visible mold, water damage can also manifest itself with visible stains and discoloration. When water soaks through sheetrock or other building materials, it will leave stains. Wet spots will grow and appear as irregular shapes with changing borders. Oftentimes, water spots will grow and seem to appear to darken in color as water damage continues to occur.
- Warping, bending, and buckling are all common signs of water damage in wood pieces like trim, floor boards, and framing. Water becomes absorbed by porous materials, and once those items become fully saturated, they will begin to bend, crack, warp, and buckle under the excess weight of water.
- When water damage builds up behind walls or in the ceiling, it will begin to push its way through resulting in bubbling. Bubbling on walls and ceilings will then lead to peeling paint.
While these signs may be obvious, sometimes they can be subtle. This is why it is important to keep an eye out for any possible signs that there may be water damage in your home. You want to identify water damage as soon as possible so that cleanup can begin to reduce the risk of any further damage. This is why it is important to know the signs of water damage so you can avoid prolonged problems associated with water in your home. Water damage cleanup is a pretty straightforward process when the damage is caught and resolved quickly. The good news is A&J Property Restoration has trained and experienced technicians that know how to help identify water damage, find the source, get it stopped, and get it cleaned up quickly. If you suspect water damage in your home, or notice any of the above signs, do not waste any time calling A&J. We have been cleaning up water damage in Milwaukee homes since 1984, and our team is ready 24/7 to respond to your water damage. Don’t let water damage go untreated in your home, and call A&J at the first sign of water damage.