All business know the importance of a good first impression. While carpets aren’t the first thing you think of to showcase the cleanliness of your business, they are one of the first things that visitors notice when they enter your building.
With high foot traffic from outside vendors, delivery drivers, clients, and employees, carpet is one of the dirtiest areas in your business. Did you know that up to 24 pounds of dirt can be tracked into your building with in a 20 day work period? That is a lot of dirt!
Even with regular cleaning and vacuuming, floors and carpeting aren’t meant to withstand that much dirt and debris without showing a little wear and tear. When your carpet starts to look less than perfect, it may be time to bring in a professional carpet cleaner to deep clean the building’s flooring.
The big question that building owners face is this – how often do you call in a professional to clean your carpets?
What are the benefits to professionally cleaned carpets?
There are a few reasons to use commercial cleaners for your carpets.
- As we talked about above, professional carpet cleaners will loosen the dirt and debris that has become impacted into your carpet, and purify your floors. The process will make your carpet look like new, and leave a great impression on clients and employees.
- When you hire a commercial carpet cleaner like A & J Restoration, you aren’t only hiring a carpet cleaning service. You’re investing in a professional cleaning service that will get the job done right the first time. Our technicians are trained to handle the specialized equipment needed to fully clean your carpets, and prevent them from becoming over-saturated. This extra moisture can eventually lead to mold and mildew, but with a professional carpet cleaner, you know that they will take every precaution to prevent this from happening.
- While business may think that performing the carpet cleaning themselves is a cost effective trick, the fact is it can lead to loss of productivity in employees, which ultimately leads to lost sales and wasted salary.
- A commercial carpet cleaning company will handle everything including moving furniture around desks and common areas. This is a huge time saver, and stops employees from having to take time out of their day to ensure that areas around their desks are vacant and ready for the cleaners.
- Health and safety is another factor to consider when hiring a company to clean your business’ carpets. Like we talked about earlier, in a 20 day work period, 24 pounds of dirt can find its way into your building. Professionally cleaned carpets will actually improve the air quality that your staff and customers are breathing!
The particles of dust, dirt, hair, and many more allergens that are trapped in the fibers of the carpet are cleaned and removed, creating a fresh space, and clean air for everyone to breathe in! This type of deep cleaning is not possible with just a vacuum – professional equipment is required to remove the allergens.
Regularly using a professional cleaning can actually help you extend the life of your carpets, saving you money in the long run with less money in carpet replacement. Commercial carpet cleaning will also help you keep heavy foot traffic areas clean and clear, and free of any major spills or damage.
How often should you have your commercial carpets cleaned?
It’s the magic question – how often should carpets be cleaned in a commercial space. The answer is not an easy one – it really depends on a few factors!
- Take into consideration how busy your business is. Do you have heavy foot traffic in all areas of your office? Is the outside environment easily tracked inside (always raining, constantly muddy, etc.)?
- Consider the overall age of your carpets. Older carpets tend to look dirtier faster simply due to wear and tear. Keeping up the pristine image with older carpeting may call for more frequent cleanings throughout the year – it may be more beneficial to consider recarpeting down the line!
- What is the color of your current carpet, and the texture? Is your carpeting a lighter shade that will easily show all spills and stains? Is it shag fibers or something less fluffy? These factors can also play a part in how often carpet cleaners are required!
Overall, commercial carpet cleaning is at the discretion of the property owner. However, a deep clean once a year will keep your carpets fresh, and make a great first impression on anyone the enters your building!
At A & J Restoration, we offer professional carpet cleaning with focus on high traffic areas, and will even treat the carpet to prevent any stains in the future! Our techniques also include speed drying, making sure that you and your staff is ready to get back to work as quickly as possible.
Call A & J Restoration to schedule your commercial carpet cleaning today.